He gave us a piece of foam to take home and try for the evening, which was great. It is like buying a bed, you have to be sure it is good quality.
Anyway he called led this morning with a price. I could have made the cushions, but he said he would rather make them as the fabric would need overlocking. I just felt I would rather get the job done really well.
We had discussed reversing the piping, but while I was ironing early this morning, I decided the self piping ought to match the cushions. Light for light on the two chair cushions, and dark for dark on the newly sized sofa cushions. We are going from three cushions on the sofa to two larger cushions and back rests.
We said we didn't need them for three weeks, so he was happy not to feel rushed. He thought it would all look great when it was done. I can get on with covering the base of the other chair in the meantime, and what fabric is left will make some nice scatter cushions too.
I like that it is all the same fabric, just different sides of the cloth.
I want to find a footrest, as the dog is finding it harder to jump on the chairs. Nope, we will never be able to stop her doing it! I thought as she gets that bit older, a footstall will help her make the leap.
I am going to paint the furniture a bit as well. I fancy doing some of the violet, and a touch of orange, and a bit of bronze guided colour on the sofa. Anyway pictures to follow in a few weeks.